Saturday, April 11, 2009

here begins a new journey

We're moving to embark or a new life. We're saying goodbye to the little river village that has been our home for so long. We are moving out onto the farm!

Using the tiny timberframe CJ built last fall, and a lease on our little city home we are taking the plunge. I have turned in my notice at work, my last day is going to be right around the 15th of May which is right around the corner!!!

We have purchased a year's supply of organic seeds. CJ and I began raising the frame he built this week. Here is where I am asking your help. All we have the frame, no doors, windows, roofing materials or siding. I am asking you; our friends and family, to help contribute to the cause if you are able. We anticipate the remaining costs to run right at about $900 (about $300 roof & roofing materials, $300 for the siding, and hopefully we can find some doors and windows for right around $300 as well). Of course there's plenty more that can be done, but this is a good estimate to get at least basic shelter. I will keep you updated as we make progress.






No comments:

Post a Comment